Promote the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the association on and off campus in an effort to enrich the lives of alumni and engage them in a lifelong advancement of UC Irvine.
Download: UCIAA Board Member application
NOTE: Be sure to include a current resume or CV with your completed application. Please submit all materials to Jeff Minhas at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 12, 2019.
- Degreed alumnus/a of UCI
- Member of UCIAA in good standing (Click here to join UCIAA)
- Previous UCIAA committee experience or volunteer experience at UC Irvine
- Be able to serve a minimum of a two-year term
- Willingness to work with persons regardless of age, race, gender, disability, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or socio-economic background
- Attend quarterly meetings as a voting member, with all rights and responsibilities pertaining thereto, including planning and fiduciary duties
- Serve as an active participant of at least one association committee
- Support the university through regular alumni giving, including an annual gift to designated UCIAA philanthropic programs. The board’s annual goal is $10,000 collectively with a minimum of $400 individual support in new scholarship monies.
- Promote UCIAA membership to alumni who are not yet association members, with the goal of helping to secure 3-5 new memberships each year.
- Support association events and activities through time, talent and/or financial commitments, either personal or through affiliated companies and organizations.
- Represent UCIAA in public and at special campus events.
- Educate yourself on pertinent UCIAA issues and organizational goals.
- Promote participation in association events.
- Identify and cultivate additional volunteer leaders.
Term of Office
Elected members serve a term of two years, starting July 1. Additional term limits as described in the UCIAA bylaws may apply.
Accountability & Guidance
Accountable to the membership of the association through the board of directors and president in accordance with the UCIAA bylaws; to the state of California and the federal government for adherence to laws and regulations regarding non-profit corporations. Guidance from the president, officers, executive director, committee liaisons and staff.