Incoming Students: Alumni Scholarship Awards
(Incoming freshmen and transfer students)
This invitation-only award identifies incoming students to UC Irvine who demonstrate academic excellence, community service and leadership potential.
Up to $10,000 for freshmen, paid over a maximum of four academic years
Up to $5,000 for transfers, paid over a maximum of two academic years
These scholarships are by invitation only. Admitted students who have submitted a Statement of Intent to Register and meet the criteria for qualifications will be invited to apply for the Alumni Scholarship. The invitation will be sent to students electronically.
Requires a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.65 and a minimum SAT I combined score of 1950 or ACT score of 30.
Requires a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.65 and the equivalent of 90 transferable quarter units.
Please follow directions carefully and complete the application accurately in its entirety. Include required attachments. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Remember:
- All application documents must be submitted on standard 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Do not staple.
- Do not print double-sided.
- A final transcript is required.
- An unofficial transcript including the applicant name in print is acceptable.
- We cannot obtain transcripts from the admissions office.
- Only completed applications with all required documents will be accepted.
- You may not amend or update submitted applications.
- No exceptions made for application materials submitted after the deadline.
- We will not confirm receipt of application materials.
- No phone calls please.
- See application for all additional instructions and specific requirements.
Complete applications must be received by Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 4:00pm PDT. No exceptions. See application for further details. No phone calls please.
The current pool of scholarship recipients will be notified in October 2015.
Alumni serve on the UCI Alumni Association’s scholarship selection committee, review applications and essays, convene to determine final candidates and notify recipients.
Annual renewal is dependant upon review of academic performance.
Applicants need not be affiliated with any UC Irvine alumnus to apply.